The 4 most beautiful campsites in switzerland
The best known for camping vacations is probably Ticino. And rightly so, of course, there are lakes, mountains and cities. But beyond that there are hundreds of other campsites, spread all over Switzerland. We show you here our top 4 pitches and some info and tips that can help you in your choice. You do not know yet with which vehicle you want to visit our top 4? Here you can compare the campsites and find out about garage-advisor.ch find your suitable camper in a car garage near you.
Pitch number 4
The campsite for experience, fun and relaxation. In summer as well as in winter the beautifully situated campsite is open in the middle of the fantastic mountain world. It offers many recreational activities for bikers, hikers, skiers, snowboarders, climbers, etc. In summer there is an animation program for children and different summer and autumn programs for families. Whether for a romantic weekend with spa entries for two or an eventful week with the family, the camping site Eienwaldli has it all to offer.
A few facts about the site:
- There are 150 tourist pitches and 130 permanent pitches
- Pitch size varies from standard 50-60m² to prestige 80-95m²
- Modern and spacious sanitary facilities
- Spa area with sauna and heated swimming pool
- Homey restaurant
- If you need to garage in and around Engelberg, you can find a garage near you here.
Extra tip: Even with your camper you need to take some precautions in winter. Why not read through our suggestions in our article 4 tips for an easy winter preparation.
Pitch number 3
The campsite is absolutely true to the slogan “carefree camping at Lake Constance”. Only a few steps away from Lake Constance, you can stay overnight on large pitches, whether you arrive with a camper or a tent. Do you wish for a little more comfort? Then Camping Seehorn has various rental accommodations, from PODhouse to mobile home. Through the campsite flows the ‘Holzbach’, around which there are many fireplaces and playgrounds. The place is super suitable for families.
A few facts about Camping Seehorn:
- Standard and comfort pitches from 100-120m²
- Large sanitary facilities
- Kitchen, laundry and drying room
- lido within 2 minutes reach
- Dogs allowed
- If you need to garage in and around Egnach, you can find a garage near you here.
Place number 2
The beautiful campsite is situated in the middle of a piece of forest. The Hinterrhein flows right next to the campsite. So the perfect place for nature lovers and recreation seekers. The pitches are separated by trees, so that every pitch also gets some sunshine. Also this campsite offers rental accommodation like a chalet or a tepee tent. So you can enjoy Thusis and the beautiful Graubunden surroundings even without your own motorhome. In the restaurant Viamala you can end the beautiful summer evenings with a drink. Sports facilities are available for young and old, from ping-pong to hiking and swimming in the pool.
A few facts about Camping Thusis – Viamala
- 70 standard pitches, each 50-70m² in size
- Good recreational facilities
- Lots of nature and peace
- Playground for children
- Dogs allowed
- You can rent a car from the campsite for 50.- / day
- If you need to garage in and around Thusis, you can find a garage near you here.
Place number 1
On this somewhat terraced campsite, with a great view of the Untersee and Rhine, you and your whole family can enjoy every day anew. On the campsite there are playgrounds, barbecue areas, trampolines and slacklines, a youth room and very nice and spacious sanitary facilities. Even your dog may come along. If you forgot something, you can buy fresh bread, fruits and vegetables and many more things in the self-service store.
A few facts about Camping Huttenberg
- Family run campsite
- There are 60 pitches for tourists from 80-120m²
- 4 different rental accommodations such as bungalows and PODhouses
- Perfect starting point for hikes and bike tours
- Many excursion possibilities like z.B. to Stein am Rhein, to the old town in Schaffhausen or to the amusement park Conny Land
- Swimming pool Playground for children
- Highlight: a pit-pat facility, a combination of miniature golf and billiards that delights old and young alike
- If you need to garage in and around Eschenz, you can find a garage near you here.
In any case there are countless other beautiful campsites in Switzerland. So if you are interested in camping life and maybe vanlife (you can read more about it in the article Home is where you park it), you can really go wild in Switzerland.